Monday 7 January 2013

Merry Christmas

No, I'm not kidding. Merry Christmas to all of my two fans who are Ukrainian, Greek, or belong to any other church that follows the Julian calendar.

I've never celebrated Ukrainian Christmas, but I make note of it every year because my paternal grandfather was Ukrainian-Canadian. Yep, one quarter Ukrainian, me. It breaks up the English, English, Welsh, English, Irish, and English in my background, at least.

One of my (surprise! English!) ancestors is apparently listed in the Domesday Book, at least according to family tradition. He was a swineherd for Cedric the Saxon. Let's just say I'm not going to find out that I'm the long-lost heir to the British throne with the people in my family tree. And since I'm at work and don't really have time to get into all the genealogy stuff just at the moment, let's just say that there are bits of my history that amuse me for reasons that are probably a little immature. But seriously -- doesn't anyone else out there find it odd that a family named Drinkall (NOT my last name, if you're out to look for me. One of my ancestors, though) was Primitive Methodist?

I'll leave you to look up the Primitive Methodists on your own, if you're interested. Let's just say that there was a reason they were known as the Ranters.

Aaanyway. It's been that kind of a day that hasn't left me much time for blathering, so I'm going to have to leave it at that. Merry Christmas to those who are celebrating.



Take down your Christmas lights to those who aren't...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails