Friday 4 January 2013

Well, that's odd

No, not the pointless photo. Well, the photo is odd, I suppose. And somewhat out of focus. I let the camera choose what it was focusing on, you see. Might not have been my choice, but by that point on my walk I was getting cold and didn't feel like taking my mitts off to focus the camera myself.

At least there's some interesting shapes to look at. And, of course, the knowledge that the pointless photography on this blog will continue being pointless, no matter how nice the equipment used is.

----------

Ok, now on to the real oddity. My two fans will know that I have a long-running problem with insomnia, and like I said yesterday the past couple of days hadn't been great. Or... great for insomnia, maybe, but not great for sleep or general functioning. When I left work yesterday I left with a plan of attack to solve the problem. I even detailed it to Wheat. Go home, do my best to eat a proper meal (I don't know about any of you out there, but when I don't sleep properly my stomach decides that it's not all that into food. It's kind of inconvenient, really), do absolutely nothing that might get my brain engaged (that's right -- no books, no art, and the stupidest television programming possible. Sadly, that last part isn't too hard), have a warm bath with the aromatherapy products (helpfully -- or hopefully? -- labelled SLEEP) that I was given for Christmas, and go to bed. The same kind of thing I've tried in the past when this has happened, you understand. Now here's the weird part.

It worked.

I damned near fell asleep in the bathtub, but that's not surprising. Warm bath, nice bubbles, tired person. It'd be surprising if I wasn't drowsy at that point. What was surprising is that I went to be at about 11 pm and the next thing I knew it was 5:30 am. That part? Almost never happens. Too often, by the time I get to bed my brain's all fired up for round two (or round whatever, depending on how the day went) and I'll either be up until stupid o'clock or wake up at stupid o'clock. 11 - 5:30 might not sound great to some of you out there, but to me it was fantastic to the point of being disorienting.

I'm going to try it again tonight.

Maybe I'll allow myself a BIT of reading, though.

But just a little bit.

What do you suppose would happen if I got used to this sleep thing? Interesting thought, anyway.





Don't worry, though. I'm pretty sure that the blog would still be pointless. Sleep can't change everything.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails