Wednesday 16 January 2013

Pointless photo of the day:

My Christmas cactus has opened its first flower of the season (saving you yet again from the week of bad photography I promised a few days ago). That's early for this particular "Christmas" cactus, which decided years ago that it really wasn't all that fond of Christmas and instead preferred Easter. It doesn't matter that an Easter cactus is actually a different species of cactus altogether; this cactus likes Easter, so that's when it blooms. You can't exactly argue it into changing its lack of mind.



The cactus's name, for those new to the program, is Fred. No reason.



I don't really have anything else to add today, but I would like to note that yesterday was a beautiful spring day here. The high was over +8C. Yes, I really meant to type that plus rather than a minus. Plus 8C, everything melting, the chickadees whistling territorial cheeseburger calls... but one big problem.

It's the middle of January.

In Alberta.



Having pretend spring now is just going to make it feel all the more draggy when we're up to our knees in snow in March, you know.

Ah well. I'll enjoy the warm for the couple of days it's supposed to last, and then get back to complaining about winter. For now? Maybe I'll take the camera out and go for a bit of a walk.

Some days my work is very taxing, you know.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails