Tuesday 8 January 2013

Why, hello, Mr Oreo


Mr Oreo usually lives on my fridge, but he fell off of it at about ten last night and by that means earned himself a guest role on Weird Things in my Apartment.

Seriously. If it would just stop being winter (in January in Alberta. Yeah, that'll happen)  and there were flowers or at least spiders to take photos of, my two fans wouldn't be blessed with Mr Oreo. Be that as it may...

Mr Oreo's been with me long enough now that I really can't remember where he came from. I'm going to assume that it was from a package of Oreos, though. I know I had him in Edmonton, so he's getting up there in years. Especially for a plastic bendy man. He doesn't have the most effective suction cup anymore, which is why he periodically takes a tumble. It usually takes a couple of tries to get him stuck back on. One of these days I just won't even bother -- the garbage can's awfully close to the fridge, after all -- but for now I guess he'll just keep looking happy to be stationed beside the magnet a friend sent me a long time ago. Nine lives and I had to choose this one, it says. It naturally features a picture of a donkey.



Juuust checking to make sure you were paying attention there. It's the same thing I do when I'm teaching kindergarten kids about senses, you know. They think it's hilarious when I say that I use my ears to smell with.

Incidentally, is anyone else enjoying the Ikea upholstery background in these photos? I don't exactly have a lot of neutral places to take pictures in my apartment, so ottoman it is. I think it's kind of suitable for this blog, actually.

Geez. A quick search tells me that Mr Oreo is a collectible. Not an expensive collectible, but a collectible all the same.



People collect weird things, is all I can say. Back to work for me, now. Tomorrow maybe I'll take a walk and see if there's anything worthwhile pointing the camera at out there. There won't be, though. It's winter.





Something tells me that the Weird Things series may become a very long one.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails