Wednesday 9 January 2008

Persistent

I have a headache.

I know. You're saying to yourself, "Dee has a headache? But Dee never has a headache. I wonder why Dee has a headache?"

Well, it's usually one of about three options. Maybe four, on a bad week. Pick option two today, and you'd have it.

Needless to say, it's not making me feel very wordy. And here I am, not even having a strike to blame for the lack of blatherage.

Ah, Golden Globes. My favourite drunken awards ceremony. Whatever shall I do without you?

Find something else to watch, I imagine.

Yeah, I'm easy.

----------

Let's talk about the pointless photo for just a moment, shall we? I do realise that it becomes less than pointless if I actually discuss it, but I think we can all put up with that for a second or two. I took the photo some time ago, you see, but I took it for a reason.

Persistence.

The leaves are from a weed (never, never plant creeping bellfower, boys and girls. Not that we did, but someone we got a plant from ages ago made the unfortunate mistake) that keeps trying to grow up through the side of my father's fish pond. That's why you see the rocks and the black pond liner in the picture.

I've pulled up those leaves so many times that it's almost sisyphean. The neverending task, I mean. It's not like they're really causing a problem or anything -- it's just that there aren't meant to be leaves sticking out of the side of a fish pond.

I pull the leaves; the leaves come back.

It's like a game we play, I suppose.

I could make some kind of comment here about just how incredibly tenacious life can be, or how things become so much stronger if they have to struggle... but my head hurts. You finish that thought for me, ok?

Ok then.

----------

One last thing:

I asked the Toronto office why it was that the garage (ha! Now you know! I wasn't hiding yesterday. I was just taking the car to the doctor. Don't worry, though... it was just a check up donation of funds oil change) decided to do the complimentary wash even though it was minus ten degrees Celsius outside. She suggested that it was to freeze up my locks.

The verdict?

Near as dammit, but I foiled their plans by actually managing to get into the vehicle this morning. You'll have to try harder next time, Service Department O' Evil.

And yay me.





I'm going now, all right?

All right.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails