Tuesday 15 January 2008

Pointless photo of the day:

Hey! Look! It's me!

I'm the one hiding behind the camera, if you didn't quite get it.

And yes, I am nothing more than a reflection in a car window. I bet you always suspected...

Oh, and just to forestall the comment that may be coming from the Toronto office, at least in her head: I do know that I didn't use my left hand to take the picture, yes. Cameras are part of the evil right-handed world conspiracy, unfortunately.

----------

This has nothing to do with anything (the blog is called pointless for a reason), but I was thinking this morning that I had a slightly unusual mental picture of what a family consisted of when I was a kid. In my mind, a proper family was two parents, one female child, and one male child.

That's what a family was supposed to be.

The idea comes from life, surprisingly enough. In my mother's family, every single brother or sister had a family that consisted of two parents, one female child, and one male child. Well... one of my uncles stretched that by having THREE (gasp!) children, but even then his first two were a boy and a girl.

It's sort of weird, I suppose. Five grown children in that family, and each one managed to have a boy and a girl. Or a girl and a boy. Is that some sort of statistical anomaly?

My father has two brothers. Somehow that never challenged my assumption about families... probably because both of his brothers are bachelors. No families to mess with my brain.

Did I mention that none of this has anything to do with anything? I'm on a real, honest-to-whomever blather at the moment, and I fully intend to not give it any sort of conclusion.

And besides, it's snowing. If I hang around here too long I may actually have to sweep off the car before I leave, and that would never do.

So...

Yeah. If you feel like you need more, you could always go back and look at today's pointless photo again. Personally, I rather like it.

Going now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails