Saturday 19 January 2008

Well...

I'm at a bit of a loss here. Haven't been feeling all that great (bet you hadn't noticed), and the weather has me firmly in non-blather mode.

Those of you who live in warmer climates and think you miss winter obviously don't know the joy of trying to decide whether it would be better to hit the road now while it's snowing and icy, or whether it would be better to wait until the snow has possibly (maybe) stopped and it's become colder than a witch's youknow out there. Oh, and did I mention that the wind may or may not pick up this afternoon?

Yeah, winter? Really good times.

My head hurts.

Actually, it really does hurt.

You know... all it would take is a properly placed brick and this line of whinge would end in a hurry...





Kidding.

Mostly.

Anyway, since I've obviously got nothing let's briefly discuss today's featured flower. It's a Fredflower, since the cactus's name is Fred.

I tend to be logical that way.

Fred, for those of you who missed the Fred posts on the old blog before I deleted them, is a Schlumbergera that I've had for over twenty years. Fred used to be huge, but a few years ago it started dying off in large chunks. I wrote a post about the imminent demise of Fred, but then Fred decided at the last minute that it wasn't quite ready to have an obituary and sent out one last, wimpy little shoot to get my hopes up.

Fred, currently, is a very healthy-looking (if somewhat smaller than before) multi-branched Christmas cactus. Fred's only problem is that Fred is growing on only one side of a fairly big pot. It's a lopsided Fred these days, yes. Bit by bit it's trying to fill out, but right now it's looking more like it's had a bad haircut than anything else.

Ah well. Fits in with the rest of my life in that respect.

That's all the blather I've got. Tomorrow's blather will probably be nonexistent because (assuming the weather lets me get back into town at some point) I'll be busy with work stuff.

And probably cranky about it, but hey. All the more reason to not bother posting, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi ! I have cactus too! "Pinche!" and "Max" ( ...) , and i really love them. Here the weather is very hot. 40 C !! is too much !!
kisses

Related Posts with Thumbnails