Monday 14 January 2008

Way to go, morons

Hey, boys and girls, want to know the definition of no class? It's when a morning show (*coughCanadaAMcough*) sends one of their "sympathetic" anchors to go and annoy the residents of a town that's just lost a large portion of their high school basketball team to a van accident.

Way to go, morons.

Here's something that apparently is news to you, Morning Show. Anyone who's ever lost someone has a decent idea of what these people are going through. Anyone who hasn't lost someone can probably imagine what it feels like. WE DO NOT NEED to see street corner interviews with grieving classmates, teachers, or (worst of all) family members to understand what's going on there.

And yes, I turned the channel.

----------

I'm dealing with a self-created (or worsened, at least) earache at the moment so I'm probably coming off as a teeny bit cranky. Yes, it's largely my fault -- I tried to fix something that was healing nicely on its own -- but knowing it's my fault doesn't change the fact that I'm throbbing.

And cranky.

And have to sit through a meeting this afternoon.

I'm bad at meetings at the best of times. I may have mentioned the whole attention span issue? I'm good at focussing when I actually have something to do, but there are enough periods in the average meeting when I don't have something to do that the whole thing becomes an exercise in doodling or staring out the window if I'm not careful.

This, by the way, is something that doughnuts just cannot cure.

Ah well. I'm sure I'll survive (on tylenol and fantasies, no doubt). I'm not sure, however, how I feel about thinking about work-related topics so early in the year. Isn't this the season that I spend hibernating in my pyjamas? How dare these people expect me to act like a human rather than a black bear?

Sheesh.

You'd think they'd know by now, but nooo...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails