Tuesday 10 March 2009

Gee, you're prompt...ed

Below you'll see a post that was suggested by a prompt site called Plinky. On the other blog you'll see a post that was suggested by a prompt site called Illustration Friday. Both sites (and others like them) exist partly to be the pointy stick that helps get people creating and partly for social networking.

And, no doubt, they both exist in the hope of increasing their own hits. Nothing wrong with that, of course; just stating the facts here.

I like prompt sites, but at the same time I'm not sure that I should. It's nice to have someone else come up with the ideas now and then, but if I can't come up with my own ideas should I really be wasting blogging space? I don't have a problem with the internet becoming the place where everyone has a voice, really, but if I have nothing to say should I be raising that voice just for the sake of hearing (well, reading) my own noise?

I don't know, obviously.

And I should get some lunch, even though weather like we're having now (-36C when I got up this morning. Seriously. And that's not including the windchill) kind of takes my appetite away.

And my enthusiasm.

MARCH, RIGHT?





Yeah, I believe that.

Makes a person want a pointy stick for more than creativity, I can tell you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails