Wednesday 18 March 2009

Living Life with Jeeves

So... where do you head in your personal library (yeah, my collection definitely counts as a library) when you're not in the mood to do any heavy thinking but you still want -- or need -- to be entertained? What gives me a laugh? It's got to be Jeeves and Wooster.

And why? It's Wodehouse. I really shouldn't have to say more, but if you've never had the pleasure of reading P.G. Wodehouse then following along with the misadventures of Bertie Wooster is a really great place to start. These are light, breezy stories, and I tend to think of them almost like comfort brain food for when you're not feeling all that great about things in general. Between P. G. Wodehouse and Jerome K. Jerome (check out Three Men in a Boat if you still need a lift. Erm, but maybe not a literal lift in that particular boat), I'll always find something to smile about.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails