Wednesday 11 March 2009

Nerves

Not much in the mood for blather today, I'm afraid. You see, my father gets back today and I'm a bit nervous for him.

I should explain the OLF world of unnecessary nerves, I guess. Unnecessary being the necessary word there, and what takes me straight down the road to OLFville. You see, most normal people might be a little nervous about his flight or something like that. I'm not. In fact, the website shows that his flight left early and is expected to land in about five minutes or so. All good there.

No, I'm not worried about the flight. Being in prime OLF mode, I'm rather stupidly worrying about his car.

That's right, the car.

It's been pretty cold here and I'm worried that his car might not start because it hasn't been plugged in.

A true disaster if there ever was one, I'm sure you'll agree.

After all, if his car doesn't start he might have to...

Um...

Wait a little bit until things warm up later in the day. Or ask for someone to come and pick him up.




Yes, yes, I know that it's a really stupid thing to worry about. But that's all part of the fun of being an obsessive little freak, or at least my particular version of it. You spend a good deal of your time worrying about really stupid things, and then you spend the rest of it wondering why you spend so much time worrying about really stupid things.

It's a fun game, and one that I'm very, very good at.

Ah well. I'm sure (read that as: trying to convince myself and not really succeeding) that everything will go off without a hitch and that in a little while I'll be berating myself yet again for ever thinking otherwise.






Anyone else want to take a turn at being me? It can get a bit taxing, you know. I think I may need a holiday.

2 comments:

lizzyol said...

So, did the car start?

deeol said...

Yes, it did. Of course it did. Everyone in the universe knew it would, I'm sure. Except for me and my OLF self...

Related Posts with Thumbnails