Wednesday 1 July 2009

Pointless photo of the new month:

It's an ant carrying a dead butterfly.

What? Not Canada Day enough for you? Ok then. Check out the one below. It's a hoverfly on a daisy.

Still not festive enough?

Well I'm sorry, but I just wasn't awake enough to grab the camera and take a shot of the magpies on my balcony this morning. They were entertaining, though. Both hanging on for dear life to my perchless metal feeder just so that they could steal a few sunflower seeds. Hey, I'll take magpies stealing sunflower seeds from the balcony over pigeons crapping on the balcony any day.

Even Canada Day.

So Happy Canada Day, then, all you magpies and hoverflies and ants with dead butterflies. I sure know how to celebrate, don't I?

Ok, so the fact is that I don't usually bother. It might be different if I had a young family or, you know, actually liked people well enough to want to join the crowds at one of the public festivals, but as it is it just sounds like far too much effort to bother. If we're not having a massive thunderstorm tonight I might venture out into the apartment's parking lot to get a better look at the fireworks, but really? No skin off my nose if I don't do that either. Still... we should have some sort of fireworks in honour of my home and native land's 142nd birthday, I suppose...

Here. This'll do.

Happy Day, Canada.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails