Tuesday 2 December 2014

Busting a gut

So, on Saturday the 22nd I exploded.

Oh, wait. I should probably make that clearer.

On Saturday the 22nd I had a diverticulum (who knew I even had a diverticulum? Not me, that's for sure) rupture.





I didn't die, just to cut the suspense a little here. I did, however, have emergency surgery. And a week in the hospital. And a boatload of antibiotics. And now? I have a very large incision that's doing its best to heal without driving me batshit, a lot of bruises from various procedures, and a bit of difficulty getting around. Oh, and poverty, I guess, since I'll be off work for a few weeks.

No worries there, actually (or at least at the moment). I have savings I can get to when I need them.



Anyway, you'll no doubt be hearing more about this in the next while since I'll be here at Dad's with time on my hands. For now, though, my body's telling me to get away from the computer and give it a bit of rest.









I didn't need this much fun, just so you know. What's that curse, again? May you live in interesting times? I'd be thrilled to be a lot less interesting just now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails