Wednesday 3 December 2014

Cats... and probably some other random stuff about intestines

 Well, the Turkey Brothers remain turkeys (and brothers). They're getting bigger now, and no sign at all of fluffy kitten coats anymore. Tom in particular is looking very shiny and sleek. Bob is shiny in his own right, of course, but the tabby coat doesn't show it as well.

They're still turkeys. I might have mentioned that. Tom goes headfirst into trouble pretty much whenever he's not sleeping. Bob? Goes headfirst into trouble as well, but a lot more subtly. Just because he's quieter doesn't mean he's not quietly being destructive.

Tom's still the big purrer, but Bob's the lap cat. He'll actually sit on my knee and stare, waiting for me to become smart enough to extend the footrest on the recliner so that he can have more space. If Dad's lying on the sofa, Bob's likely to be lying on his legs.

If he's not chasing after his brother, naturally. Priories, after all.

Speaking of priorities, do you know what a weird feeling it is to know that you could have died (now there's a whiplashing change of topic for you)? It's just weird, weird, weird and that's all there is to it. If I'd waited much longer to go to emergency I would have gone septic and died.

Not that many decades ago I would have gone septic and died no matter what.

That's a weird thing to know.

I'm not going to say that it's life changing because we are what we are in the end and life will get back to more or less normal in a few weeks, but it definitely gives a person something to think about when stuff like this happens. I'd like to be able to say that it puts things in perspective, but again... it probably does for a little while, and then regular life comes back and the perspective changes again.

That's about as philosophical about this as I'm going to get, by the way. You'll probably be hearing more about the physical side of things because I'll be lacking in blather topics, but as far as deep thoughts go I haven't honestly got much deeper than this is weird...

Just as well, really. My two fans wouldn't know what to do with me if I actually started to take life seriously. Neither would I, for that matter. I don't do serious all that well.



Anyway, probably time for me to head back upstairs and recline for a while. Likely with cats, since Dad just headed downtown for something.





Life could be worse, you know?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails