Saturday 13 December 2014

Sleeping on a bed


Tom may choose towels (proving that he is, indeed, a cat; albeit a smallish one still), but most people don't. I mentioned yesterday that I'd been sleeping on the recliner since I came home from surgery, but last night I thought I'd see how the bed worked out.

It was... ok.

I mean, I did get some sleep. Maybe not as much as I would have if I wasn't flat, but it was definitely possible to sleep. On my back if my knees were bent, or on my right side but not my left yet. That's all right, though. I sleep on my right side more than my left anyway. And it'll get better now that my body knows what to expect, and of course as I continue healing.

I'm tired of this healing crap by now, you know. Can't we just get it over with already? Yeah, yeah, I know that's not how it works, but it's kind of frustrating when otherwise I feel fine.

Anyway, actual sleep on an actual bed means I'm that much closer to getting back to my actual life. And that's a good thing for the boredom factor, let me tell you. It's definitely not my father's fault because there are plenty of things that I could be doing, but not having any targeted thing to do is making me sooo bored...

Ah well. We'll try for some art or something later today, I guess. In the meantime, today's rock:

This one's leopardskin jasper. I've talked about jaspers before, and the main difference with this one is that it has orbicular inclusions. My sample looks nothing like real leopard skin, but maybe some of the pieces out there do. It's just an interesting-looking rock to me, but of course to the crystally-types out there it's...

(deep breath as she searches the weirdness)...

Good for dealing with animals, both real and spiritual. It will help you find your totem animal if you're so inclined, and is good for healing.

Healing what?

A little bit of everything, apparently. General healing, detoxing, removing body odour (ha!), and a bunch of shamanistic stuff that it's not my business to get into, really.

Can you tell that I'm getting a little tired of looking into the mysticism of perfectly good rocks? I am, really, but I still have a few pointless pictures left and I'm going to use them all, dammit.



With intermittent cats.



Because I can.





I'm done typing now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails