Saturday 6 December 2014

Milestone... or was that just stone?

Milestone first, I guess. I'm currently doing laundry, which, considering that I've been here at the computer when I'm not changing loads, means the longest time I've been away from the recliner since I came to Dad's. Yay me. I'll probably be exhausted tonight, but whatever. I'd be getting bored otherwise.

Dad's going to have to be the one to take everything back upstairs, though. This no heavy lifting thing is a pain. You don't realise how much lifting you generally do in a day until you're not allowed to do it, you know. But since I don't exactly want to burst...

Anyway. On to today's rock. This is Blue Tiger's Eye, which is pretty cool. I've been a fan of tiger's eye in its usual brown form since I was a kid. Years ago, somebody -- couldn't tell you who at this point -- gave my brother and me tiny rings with even tinier pieces of tiger's eye mounted in them. I still have mine. Can't get it past the first knuckle on my little finger these days (yeah, it's that small), but I wear it on a chain now and then. I'll take its picture at some point when I have nothing better to do, no doubt.

And now, on to the weirdness. Most people like tiger's eye for its chatoyancy (that light-shifty thing you notice when you move it around), but it's also a hit with the healing crystal crowd. Let's see if it'll cure what ails you...

Ok, here we go. Blue tiger's eye apparently aids in communication and organising thoughts (who knew?). It's also supposed to reduce stress and anxiety, and promote a positive attitude (such an amazing stone). It can boost psychic abilities and give insight into mental conflict, and protects against curses (wowww...). It shares the powers of regular tiger's eye as well, which I'll be getting into when we get to my regular tiger's eye things.

So, yeah, all of that stuff... or it's just pretty and kind of fun. Guess which side I vote for?

Either way, not bad for a piece of quartz, I figure. The towels are in the dryer now, so I should probably head back upstairs. Are you tired of me ending posts like that yet? I'm open to other suggestions, you know. They just aren't presenting themselves at the housebound-moment, that's all.



Later, everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails