Sunday 14 December 2014

I think my blog is confused


It's been a long time since there have been daily posts here. Back in the day that was normal, but there's only so many topics to blather on when you have a years-old blog, and eventually everything becomes so cyclical that it doesn't seem worth attempting anything daily.

Plus, I'm lazy.

Oh well, this current phase will be over as soon as I'm able to get back to my normal activities. Enjoy it while you can.

If it's enjoyable at all, that is.

So what's on my mind today? Oh, not much. I suppose I could give you a bit of a kitten update, since Bob's recently picked up a fairly weird habit.

Facecloths.

Yep, he's picked up the habit of facecloths. Mostly when they're damp.

It's like this: you wash your face in the morning, then a few minutes later you find the wet cloth in the middle of the living room. Or you're doing something with the bathroom door open -- say, brushing your teeth -- and you suddenly hear the garbage can, the toilet brush, or the spare roll holder (or the trifecta) being knocked over by a certain Bob on his way to grabbing the facecloth. Or you're sitting in the living room and in chugs (yes, chugs. Best description I can find for that sort of determined movement) a Bob carrying a facecloth as though it was the most important prey a kitten could ever find...

All I can say is that I hope this is a short phase. It's kind of annoying to have to go facecloth hunting several times a day.

Tom, on the other hand, surprised both Dad and me by hardly being yelled at at all yesterday. Must be some sort of weird shift in the stars or something.

Speaking of stars, did any of you go out to watch the Geminid shower peak last night? I forgot until I was already in my pyjamas, but Dad got out early enough this morning to see a few. If you didn't get a chance to meteor watch yesterday it's still worth a try tonight or for the next couple of days, since the Geminids go on for a while.

And speaking of stars obviously leads me to today's rock, only because I can't help but think that many of the people who believe in the power of rocks also believe that the stars guide their lives. And sorry to those who think that I'm being snide about the whole thing, but I just, just can't buy into stuff like that.

Anyway, this pretty thing is called Ocean Agate or Orbicular Jasper, usually depending on clarity. If it's translucent people tend towards the agate, and if it's not, towards the jasper. Mine's a bit on the translucent side.

Agates are silicates sometimes associated with volcanic stones, and often found in geodes where they can be deposited when mineral-rich pockets of water get trapped in some substrate or other. As the water evaporates it leaves behind the agate.

Apparently (according to the internet, which... well, you know), ocean agate/ocean jasper is only found in Madagascar. I wonder if it likes to move it move it?

Um, I haven't actually seen those movies, if you wondered. I've certainly heard the song ad nauseum though. Easier to handle than Let it Go by a long shot.

Ok, magical mystical time. Short version, because I can't really be bothered. Relieves stress, calms nerves, brings joy to life, physical healing stuff blah blah blah. It's good for meditation, as is apparently EVERYTHING.

Will someone explain to me why so many people follow this route? I really simply don't get it.

Ah well. I suppose that it's mostly harmless.





You just have to remember to bring your towel, I guess.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails