Tuesday 9 December 2014

Yeah, it's still a rock

This one's garnet, and as much as I like it I don't wear it too often. It just seems a little more formal than the plain rocks that I usually wear at work. I should wear it anyway, really. It's pretty.

Garnets are nesosilicates that come in a wide variety of colours depending on what other chemicals are in there. They can be separated from other clear gemstones by using a strong magnet. That's right -- they respond to magnets. That ought to be good for the weirdness crowd. Let's see what I can find...

Ok, garnets on your desk apparently make your business successful, and a garnet under your pillow will cure depression. Garnets are good to travel with, and will increase your self-esteem and keep your friendships constant. They'll purify the blood, help your thyroid and spleen, and increase your sex drive.

Wow. Amazing. I really had better start wearing mine more often.



In seriousness, I've noticed that I tend to go to the blues and greens when I'm buying stones. I should look in to more red things for contrast.





That's it for today, since I have other things to get to before lunch. For any of my two fans who wondered, I was able to download Windows 8 friendly printer drivers yesterday, so... well, dammit, so there's one less possibility of a Christmas present for my Dad, I guess.

Screwed myself over there.



Damn.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails