Monday 8 December 2014

Yes, I know that you're probably tired of rocks

Don't care, really. Rocks are what I have pictures of at the moment. And yes, I will get off my behind and take some new photos at some point.

They won't be of a Christmas tree, though. We've decided that it wouldn't be worth the Turkey Brothers mayhem this year. And mayhem it would definitely be. These guys would be absolutely launching themselves into anything resembling a tree, and that's not even figuring decorations. Better to save ourselves the mess, I think. Dad certainly agrees.

----------

Now then, Dendritic Jasper. Jasper's kind of a catch-all for several kinds of microquartz aggregates, really, and dendritic just refers to patterns that look like tree branching. Dendritic jasper = aggregate of tiny quartz crystals with branching patterns. It's not too exciting when you put it that way, I suppose, but it's still a neat stone. I have a bit of a thing for jaspers and agates, to be honest. You can get some interesting looking stones in those two categories. This one? Honestly, I got it because it was half price. It goes well with my work uniform t-shirt, at least. And it looks neat. Did I say neat already?

Weirdness factor: Dendritic Jasper is the "stone of the mind". Ooooo. It brings clarity and sharp-thinking, and improves both your inner and outer self. It's good for writers and inventors. It encourages blood flow to the brain (really?) so is beneficial for epilepsy, stroke, Parkinson's Disease, and dementia.



Seriously? Does anyone actually believe this stuff? It's a rock, people. It... sits there. That's what it does.

It looks kind of cool while it's doing that, though.

----------

I guess that's it from me today. I still need to figure out how to get a (slightly) older printer to talk to Windows 8, since the drivers don't seem to want to load from the disc. No worries if I don't get it, however. I kind of said it would make a good Christmas present for me to just get a new one. I meant it, too. This one's pretty much out of black ink, and the sad fact is that you can get a cheap all-in-one for the price of an ink cartridge nowadays. I hate thinking of printers as that easily disposable, but unfortunately they are.

Says something about our society, but I'm not in the mood to spout off today. Off to the printer company website, then. Yippee.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails