Saturday 29 December 2007

It's Saturday


I mention the day of the week because that's really all I know for sure at the moment. Well, "for sure" ... that's a little too definite as I had to look to the clock on my right to confirm even that. The Alberta office is correct that lack of sleep confuses a person.

If you would all look out the window to your left you will see a lone leaf, lying forlorn in the snow. What you can't see but what I know is there is a black Lab paw behind said leaf. Now, doesn't knowing that add so much? As to the "forlorn" comment, I don't see a smile. Do you see a smile? Er, you don't, do you?

It's a dark, dreary day which means I could sit here and whinge and carry on for quite some time about the lack of sun, what it does to one's mood and so on but I'm guessing those who come here to read can find their own negativity and don't need mine.

So maybe fresh Earl Grey is in order then.

Clearly my mind is slowing down. So much could be made from that last sentence and instead I really am going to go make tea. We shall never know if Earl Grey is fresh or not, the devil.

Oh and a side note: with Christmas gone we no longer have to watch the commercial by that big company which appears all home-like, comfy and toasty-warm asking "what did you wish for; what do you want; what did you get". Then it points out "it's in the giving .... Give."
That was one piece of masterful subliminal guilt-imparting tripe. Erm, but I could be wrong of course as this is a pointless observation anyway.


Boy does this sound like a post made in the winter from a sun-deprived person. I'm accepting all airline tickets to brighter, warmer destinations, should anyone care to help out.

1 comment:

deeol said...

I prefer Darjeeling myself.

It's less likely to pinch your bottom.

Related Posts with Thumbnails