Wednesday 5 December 2007

Now there's the definition of serendipity for you


I was going to speak of irony today. Well, not speak really but it crossed my mind, at least - irony that is.

You see, for not the first time my credit card statement did not arrive in my mailbox this month. Not believing they'd forgiven the debt, so to speak, and having wondered aloud if I would be over-reacting to cancel the current and order a new one, then not caring if it was over-reacting, I did order a new card.

And yes, if you're keeping score that was the longest run-on sentence yours truly has ever typed.


Annnnnyway, after getting over the creeped out feeling that someone knows where I shopped last month and for what, the proper phone call was placed and guess how my new card is going to arrive. Yep. By regular post.

Hence the appropriate photo named what-a-dummy which had heretofore been hanging around on the nerdstick for just the right moment.

The photo was taken as I was meandering down a greenspace with the dogs and happened to glance into a backyard. It was like a bad set-up for a comedy sequence; see the dummy, walk a few steps, stop, ponder and walk back, snap the photo. And no, since you asked, the snow did not even give it away.

Who knew one day it would come to represent the credit card company who, after confirming personal identification to allow them to a) speak to me about the original card and to b) forward a replacement, after being advised I have no "employable income" at this time, offered to raise my limit since it's the Christmas season and all.

that last paragraph did make sense, by the way; it's all in the punctuation

Maybe it's just me. "I'm not working at the moment" would seem to be a really wrong time to raise someone's limit - unless of course they would count on me spending maniacally, then not being able to pay in-full at the end of the month, thus making money on my indiscretions.

*gasp*

Credit companies would never do that, would they?!




Have to go now. I suspect it's going to take a while to get my tongue out of my cheek.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

That is the most bizarre photograph and not even a set up. We all know credit companies belong to beelzebulb. Or however you spell that. They have even given a credit card to a dog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails