Wednesday 26 December 2007

Me, not shopping

And a pointless photo of bark.

Why?

Well, why not?

----------

I won't be going to any Boxing Day sales today. I almost never do, come to it. I hate the crush of shopping before Christmas, so I can't see the point of voluntarily joining the crush of shopping after Christmas.

Besides, people are so unnecessarily stressed about the whole thing.

Is it worth the bargains to fight the Parking Lot O' Morons, the line-ups of cranky people who absolutely MUST return their unwanted gifts on Boxing Day (stupid move, cranky people), and the exhausted store clerks who are just wanting it All. To. Be. Over?

Why, no.

No, it's not.

Besides, I'd sooner be playing with my toys.

Of course I got toys for Christmas. Everybody should get toys for Christmas.

My main toy, unfortunately, hasn't even made it out of the box (it's the kind of toy that you don't want to unpack until you're ready to set it up because it's virtually guaranteed that it'll never again fit in the box for transport), but that doesn't mean I don't want to fiddle with my other toys.

In fact, that's the main reason that today's post is going to stop riiight about now. I have other things I could be talking about, but come on! Toys, people.

We've got to set priorities, after all.

Anyway, I hope that Christmas treated you well, and I hope that if you're actually foolish enough to insist upon joining the Boxing Day crowds you're prepared to do it with a huge whopping amount of patience and not a little bit of humour. I think you're nuts, but whatever.

I don't care, really. I've got toys.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails