Thursday 27 March 2008

And another whatsit photo


I looked through my Audubon a few times, gave it a rest, then looked again and still don't know what this bird is. I have a feeling it's in the book (obviously- duh) and I'm just looking for the wrong sex.
And if that doesn't get a few odd hits in the search engines, I don't know what will.

Anyway, it's pretty - you know, for a bird - and since we seem to have at least two pair hanging around, I thought I'd share.

Oh and I saw a robin a few days ago. After the amount of snow we've had in Toronto this year, that's actually newsworthy. The weather guy on last night's six o'clock rendition of monotony said that on March 26th last year, we enjoyed temperatures of 23 point something or the other degrees. I don't know what's more alarming: that yesterday was 4 or that one year ago it was almost six times that.

And as I'm so known for saying around here: don't tell ME the climate's not goin' to hell.



And now the part you've all been sitting on the edge of your seats for: I'm just fine. No, no, I know you were wondering. The dentist who has put up with patiently treated me all these years is an amazing individual who is not allowed to move or die. He has a wonderful sense of humour, a quiet demeanour and hopefully is not in the least suicidal. Hey, it could happen. They're at the highest risk you know.

I would go bail for him, pay his psychiatric counselling bills and/or help paint his house.

What? What phobia?

Ah, to breathe deeply once more. Until the 7th of April when part two takes place. Oh, I'm sure it will be fine.

1 comment:

deeol said...

Shall I identify the bird, or do you want to pretend like you just found it in the book after all?

Either way works for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails