Monday 10 March 2008

Something. I don't know.

Well, to deal with yesterday's mentioned futility first: Yes. Yes, it was.

Bugger.

This morning was spent looking for light bulbs (nope, not explaining that), sending e-mails, talking to teachers to ask them to rebook (ok, only one teacher was talked to by Yours Blatheringly. But still -- it was part of my morning), and... erm... answering bird questions.

The birds had nothing to do with the equipment problem, in case you were wondering.

But apparently mallards enjoy feedlots.






Can't say I'm surprised there. I mean, who doesn't enjoy a feedlot?

All right, so plenty of people/animals/living creatures in general don't enjoy feedlots. Mallards, though, seem to be another story.



Where was I?

Oh. Right. Pretty much absolutely nowhere. And I'm hungry as well. None of this bodes well for the blog.

----------

Today's pointless photo is brought to you by the fact that my apartment building's parking lot is currently an icy hell, and if I disappear in the next little while you can assume that it's because I've broken my head or my behind or something.

Can you break a behind? I know you can break a tailbone, but is it possible to break an entire behind? If it is, you'd be able to do it in my apartment building's parking lot.

They don't generally clear it all winter, you see (can you tell I don't live in eastern Canada? Do you suppose anyone out there can even fathom not clearing a parking lot for an entire winter?), so as things start to melt the flatter sections become ice rinks and the divots created by the parked cars become ponds.

They collect all the meltwater, is what I'm trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to say.

I usually get one of the biggest ponds, because the person next to me doesn't own a car and nothing is parked in her spot. That leave a nice big plateau to act as a dam to prevent anything from flowing out of my spot.

Depending on how fast the melt occurs, I can be parked in twenty centimetres of water for a week at a time. It makes it great fun to get into the car as you step from ice onto water-on-ice, and it occasionally makes it interesting to back the car out of the spot if we've had a hard freeze overnight.

A person shouldn't need an ice breaker to get out of her own parking spot, you know.

Anyway, I parked in my own personal lake yesterday and expected to be wading through it to get to work this morning... but I received a very serious shock.

It's drained.

It's actually drained.

The water managed to bore a tunnel through my neighbour's snow pad (and straight into the next person's spot. Hey, I feel for you, buddy). It doesn't mean it's not still taking my life (or, more importantly, my bad ankle) into my hands to try to get into the car, but at least now I don't have to worry about sharks as I do it.

Sharks?

The rare, coldwater parking lot shark, of course. Don't you people have those?






Um.

Yeah.

I think maybe I should go find something to eat. Don't you?

Yeah.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails