Sunday 16 March 2008

Pointed photo of the day:

Ok, so it doesn't actually have a physical point. It's just that it's not as pointless as the photos here usually are.

That's a flower, you see. And the flower you see in that rather bad and blurry photograph is my first flower of spring. The ground's still mostly frozen, but that particular johnny-jump-up doesn't seem too bothered by it.

Or didn't.

We had several centimetres of snow last night, so maybe it's bothered now.

If you're thinking that I'm going to go on and whinge about the snow for ten or twelve paragraphs, I'm happy to say that you're wrong. We've hit the time of year when even Yours Pessimistically has to admit that the snow we got last night will be gone (or at least greatly reduced) by the end of the week. All this snow really does is make it necessary to go through even more windshield washer fluid yet again.

That, however, leaves me with a problem. Since I'm not planning to complain about the snow, that means I'm short one blog topic.

As usual.

So, we either find ourselves something worth blathering about or we find ourselves another pointless link to That Place.

That Place is a lot less effort for me, but I'd hate for it to turn into a habit.

On the other hand, it is Sunday and even though I haven't had the music on (I was too busy watching the link that the Toronto office kindly provided in her comment to yesterday's none-too-subtle hint. And if you haven't watched it yet, you really should. It's a good one) and can't use that excuse for the currently empty brain, I've been doing enough of my other regular Sunday activities to not have managed coming up with anything for the blog.

Erm... make your own English sentence out of the above words. Sunday, remember? I don't have to make sense on Sundays.

And on that note, I think I'll go with the easy option. Here you go. And notice that it's the British version rather than the American. We do have a theme (of sorts) on this blog, after all.

See you later.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails