Friday 25 April 2008

Honestly?

I have no idea what to blather about.

I'm tired, my brain hurts, I haven't been able to shower in two days (and before you say anything snotty, I have been able to bathe. It's just the shower that's out of commission at the moment), and I've been trying to make myself work on the newsletter.

All of the above? Not so great for the head.

Neither is snow in April. You know, in case you wondered.

----------

I suppose I should be telling you why the shower is out of commission, shouldn't I? I thought about it, but by now I'm so pis ticked off about the whole thing that I'm not sure I want to get into it. Let's just say that it was an unwelcome surprise to finally get back to my own place on Thursday only to find that large parts of two walls in the bathroom were MIA. And why? Because the management's COMPLETELY STUPID decision to "fix" the old, crappy tiles around the tub by gluing a cheap plastic tub-surround directly over top of them a few years ago has led to a serious mould problem, that's why.

Not. Happy.

I was talking to the contractor who's now trying to correct things, and he told me that they'd done the same thing in numerous other apartments in the same building.

Makes me wish I was the litigious sort, really. That'd be a pretty interesting lawsuit, all things considered.

Anyway. I should (fingers crossed) be able to use the shower tonight if all goes well. And, with any luck, maybe you'll be reading a little less about headaches and other physical whinges in the next while. Hell, the way I see it, even the idea of having the mouldy wall out of my life should make me feel better about... well, pretty much everything.

Except landlords.

To borrow a phrase from Stephen Colbert, they're now officially on notice.

1 comment:

smudgers said...

You would tap your resources to shower them with lawsuits only to have it go down the drain, you know, so you really shouldn't faucet.


Oh shut up. I amuse me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails