Wednesday 23 April 2008

Pointless photo of the day:

It's a darner. Can't remember what species without looking it up, and since I'm not in the office that's not going to happen.

So there.

----------

So how's the snit going, Dee?

Oh, somewhat abated. The sun is shining on the snow, and I'd expect that I'll actually make it down the highway sometime this afternoon.

Never thought I'd be winter-storm housebound this time of year, but if I had to be housebound it was just as well that I was visiting my father at the time. I'd be even more stir crazy if I'd been stuck in the apartment for the last few days.

I miss my stuff, though.

Seems to me I say that every time I end up back at the parental abode for longer than I was expecting. Must be true, then.

It's funny, because as I get older I find I'm less concerned with the "stuff" part of life. There are fewer things that I convince myself I need to be happy, and that's very much a good thing.

The stuff I have, however, is the stuff I'm used to. When I'm here at my father's place (or visiting somewhere else, for that matter) the stuff is different.

There's nothing wrong with different stuff, of course. I'm not so routine-obsessed that having different stuff is a major problem. It's just that my stuff is more familiar. More comfortable, maybe. And since it's mine, I can do whatever I want with it.

Ah, there we have it. Taking ownership of life's stuff. A good thing, do you think?





I really have nothing for the blather today. Can you tell?

Yeah, me too.

I should stop typing then.





Ok.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails