Wednesday 2 April 2008

It's spring, they say

And look, a robin.

So. If one were to look back in the baby Blather Blog (good use of alliteration especially if you know this is blather blog, part deux) almost two years to the day, one would see a post about dogs, about falling - or rather being slam-dunked to the ground by said dogs and their play-mate - and a host of other calamities.

Oh let us not be different on this day then.

Last night during our last wander out into the yard before bed, I found myself looking up at the stars. It was lovely really - and some of the stars were even real; the others caused by - yes you guessed it - a fall on the ice which had a thin film of moisture called spring run-off on it. Gosh, that's slippery stuff.

Now to know me is to know, as it turns out, that animals are (she said in an understated fashion) an important part of who I am so when I "walk them" that should be read as outsiders seeing a crazy woman who romps, calls out encouragement for good behaviour and just generally appears to be the loon you keep your children well away from.

Today during said romp, I tripped over the black dog and landed on the ground. Well where else does one land, after all, when feet and limbs become entangled. Check the date again. Yes, it's spring. Yes, there were/was four inches of muddy water in which I unceremoniously splooooshed. And got up and played for another hour. Why yes, I am that nuts.

So home we come. Two of the three of us were hosed down and towelled dry; one peeled away wet layers. Oh come on. You know who's who.

Having tossed things in the general direction of the laundry room, balling them up nicely so no mud escaped, I put on clean clothes and went forth to the *shudder* real world to get the day's errands done. That actually went quite well. I was able to check off everything on my list in almost record time with time left over to hit the store to compare prices on something-or-the-other.

I was home in no time, really and after shelving the dry goods and refrigerating "this" while leaving "that" out for dinner, I went to the basement to put a few things in the large freezer.

No, I did not fall into the large freezer. Don't be so silly.

Things needed to be sorted a bit so I closed the lid of the washer to have a flat surface to use. It's all good so far. The black dog had followed me to the basement so we were having a good chat - until she started barking. Goofy dog, I thought as I turned to suggest she be a little quieter.

Well it turned out she was barking at the smoke. The smoke coming from the washer which was, apparently, about to catch fire. It didn't take long before it occurred to me that perhaps unplugging said appliance might be a plan and so there you have it. I quit smoking many years ago; apparently my appliances need a support group.

That is how I spent the day. And apparently this is how I am going to spend the tax refund cheque.

The end.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails