Sunday 13 April 2008

Pointless fortune cookie moment of yesterday:

Erm... not to say that there was a spider in my fortune cookie. The photo is, as usual, pointless. Let's move on to the fortune cookie part of the post, then.

My fortune, as of yesterday's buffet, read: Share your abundant humour with others at this time. They need it.

Really? You folks need my abundant humour?

Gosh, I wish I'd realised. I would have put a lot more effort into the blather.

Honestly, though, if my sense of humour is what's needed, I'm more than a little worried for the world in general. My sense of humour is decidedly... hmmm... how to describe it...

Odd?

I'll admit to having a well-developed sense of the absurd, if that helps. I also tend towards moments of goofiness, sarcasm, and five-year-old-ism. Not generally at the same time, thank goodness, but they can show up in rapid succession.

As to what makes me laugh, I'd expect that my two fans have a decent idea by now. One of the reasons I find myself attracted to British sketch comedy is that I love the clever use of language, but at the same time I'm happy to laugh at complete and utter silliness. If the language and the silliness are in the same program (which, obviously, the two links weren't), so much the better.

Agh. While looking for those two clips I managed to find something else and now I want to go watch it. Sucks to be the blog sometimes. You don't quite get the priority you probably should.

Ah well, I'll put the other site on pause for a moment and see if I can't wrap this up somehow.

How?




Yeah, yeah, I'm thinking. Hold yer horses, already.








Ok, how about this? Lots of things make me laugh. Sometimes things that shouldn't, true, but overall I can find plenty to laugh at in the world and it makes me happy.

Do I make anyone laugh in return? Occasionally, yes. Sometimes on purpose, and sometimes just by existing.

In other words, I'm a human being.

More or less.

And is my "abundant" sense of humour needed by others? Frankly, I think we all need to have abundant senses of humour to carry on in the world as it is. If you can't laugh, then what the hell's the point of anything?

Geez. Deep, Dee.

Or, you know, not.



I'm off to watch this now. You can too, if you want. It's worth a laugh.

2 comments:

smudgers said...

So... like... I'm waiting to be abundantly humoured.

Hang on a second.

That didn't come out right, now, did it.

deeol said...

Well, if it helps... I do humour you abundantly most of the time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails