Tuesday 27 May 2008

Lunchless

Yep, lunchless. And it's making me cranky.

I wasn't planning to be lunchless, you see. I was going to bring my lunch just as I do nearly every day, even though the thought of bringing lunch is occasionally less than thrilling. I was, however, quite prepared to bring my lunch today.

That was before the disaster.

Ok, maybe not quite disaster, but it was bad timing. And annoying.

And it meant that I not only had to change my clothes, I had to rinse out the dirty ones (yes, THAT kind of disaster. Or annoyance) right away to prevent having to deal with the stains that no doubt would have been nicely set by the time I get home from work.

Thus, no lunch. And no jewellery. And a really bad hairdo, but that part doesn't matter so much since I'm currently wearing a hat anyway.

The hat was necessary to keep the bugs out of my hair.

And yes, that makes sense if you work at a nature centre. Occasionally you do things that have the possible result of leaving bugs in your hair.

Unless you wear a hat, of course.

And none of this is helping with the lunch situation.

I'm in a bit of a pickle (mmm. Pickles), to be honest. I could go out and buy lunch once some of these other people are back from their lunch breaks. That'd give me a late (and likely junky) lunch, and it would make the afternoon seem shorter. And more useless.

On the other hand, if I just stick with the granola bar I stole from my emergency briefcase stash (no, I don't have an emergency briefcase. Just an emergency stash) and call that lunch, I could probably go home a little earlier than I normally do.

That'd be two days in a row.

That'd be ok.

I think starvation may be winning out over fast food, then. Just as well. There's only so much heat rack pizza a person should have in a month, and I've already made one stop there.

Guess I should stop typing and go back to work then. Lunchless work. And no one in the office to whinge to, since Wheat had a meeting.

A lunch meeting.






Mmm. Pickles.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails