Thursday 8 May 2008

Urgh.

Should I say something snotty about the Toronto office's failure to blog yesterday?

Nah.

I don't have to be a five-year-old ALL of the time. Just some of it.

----------

Today's pointless photo illustrates my father's attempt to save at least some of the tulips from the local deer population. Will it work? I'm betting no, but there's no harm in trying.

----------

Today's post title illustrates that I should have skipped the onion rings.






Sorry. Should I be explaining that?

I stopped for a fast-food lunch today, which is something I don't normally do. I'd been craving this particular hamburger for a while, though, and since I was on that side of town anyway and the weather's crappy I thought it'd be a good excuse to hop on the Fat and Sodium Express.

And yes, crappy weather counts as an excuse to have a burger.

The burger wasn't really the problem in the end. It was the onion rings that had me regretting my noon choice. I didn't need the onion rings, and I shouldn't have ordered the onion rings.

Not that there was any wrong with the onion rings per se, you understand. It's just that when it comes to onion rings I should always remember that I'm better off sharing an order with someone else. A few onion rings make me happy. A lot of onion rings... well, see post title. On my way out of the restaurant I realised that I could have got the same effect by eating the parking lot gravel, and it would have been cheaper.

Except for the part where it wasn't a gravel parking lot. Never mind. I think you get the point.

Onion rings and I have always had a bit of a strange relationship. When I was a kid I liked the taste of onion rings but I couldn't stand the texture of the slimey bits of onion that lurked inside.

Yeah, I get a little weird about textures.

Anyway, the way I used to solve that problem was by pulling the long, snakey onion pieces out of the rings and throwing them away.

I know, I know. All that's left after that is onion-flavoured deep-fried batter. It was the part I liked, so it was the part I ate.

I don't do it anymore, in case you wondered.

I bet you're all relieved to hear that, too.





That's it for today. I've got other things that need doing.

Like digesting that parking lot gravel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I leave for London on Tuesday of this coming week. I will see Raen and Curtis. But Silent Angel is in the middle of essays and exams so I may not get to see her. I have owls close to fledging, and hollyhocks that need watering daily due to our dry weather. Not the perfect time to be leaving home. Oh well. London here I come.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66013135@N00/
sparroweye

Related Posts with Thumbnails