Thursday 29 May 2008

Pointless... wait a sec. There's something in my teeth.

Carrot. Pieces of carrot from lunch.

It's kind of annoying.

Anyway...

This'll be short. It was a late lunch, and late lunches make me less likely to blather.

Something weird happened to me the other day, & I was going to mention it earlier but forgot. I ran out of plastic bags. Isn't that odd?

By plastic bags I mean plastic grocery bags, and like most people I've pretty much always had plenty around. I use them to take my garbage to the dumpster, and since I only take out a bag a week they tend to accumulate. The other day, though, I went to replace the bag under the sink and... I had no plastic bags.

Did you know that was even possible?

I've been getting much stricter about using my cloth bags when I shop, and obviously it's made a difference. Realising that I had no plastic bags was very much a yay me moment, because it meant I was practicing what I preach at work. Not that I'm terribly preachy, really, but we do try to get the whole small changes make a difference message out there. The fact that I had no plastic bags left in the apartment was a pretty clear illustration of concept.

But...

The fact that I had no plastic bags also meant that I had no way to take the garbage out. Outside of hauling an entire bin to the dumpster, of course. It may come to that, but at the moment I'm binless and bagless and it'll be pretty high on the irony meter if I have to go out and BUY plastic bags because I don't get plastic bags anymore when I BUY things.

Life is a very strange thing if you're in my brain.

And if you're in my brain you're probably a bit on the sore side because I have a slight headache just now.




Don't worry, though. After we're done typing we'll take some acetaminophen. You'll feel better soon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails