Sunday 20 September 2009

And as usual on this blog...

If there are way too many words one day, there aren't likely to be many at all the next.

I don't have much blather, in other words. I do have a scratchy throat (yes,it's Cold Phase 319) and I'm a bit tired because last night's sleep was pretty weird, but blather? I'm not sure what's in the stock room at the moment.

Oh, I do have a question, though. People like Jay Leno, right? I don't mean him as a person, since I understand that he's considered to be very nice, but as a performer. In general, do people like him? He's supposed to be funny, yes?

I ask this because I tried to tune in to his show a couple of times last week to see how it was. I didn't imagine I'd ever be a regular viewer, but I figured that it wouldn't be bad to have something to default to on nights when there's not much else that I want to watch. Well, I'm afraid that I haven't made it all the way through one of his monologues yet. I tried. Really. Maybe it was the time of night or maybe it's this whole cold thing, but I just found them to be pretty... bland, I guess. Bland and long. He talks for a long, long time.

Am I missing something, then?

Maybe he's just not weird enough for my tastes, I don't know.

Ah well. I'll be trying to get through a whole show soon enough because he apparently has a couple of guests coming up that I'll tune in to see no matter what show they're on (well, to a point. I think that if either of them turned up on Rachael Ray I'd have to give them a miss. She annoys me too much), so that'll give me the incentive to try to make it through the boredom to see if there are any other redeeming qualities there. In the meantime, I apologise to anyone out there who's a Leno fan (or, to a lesser extent, a Rachael Ray fan). Just because I personally don't get the appeal doesn't mean the appeal isn't there, after all.

I really would like to know where it is, though.

Yeah.






Oh, before I go, I should warn my two fans that I have a couple of reasonably busy work days coming up (assuming that I still have a voice when I wake up tomorrow. Um, knock wood) so blather from me may be minimal. I understand that the Not-Toronto office (hey, here's a thought. The woman needs a new nickname now that she's not the Toronto office. Should we have a poll?) may have a few thoughts about modern technology, though, if you poke her with a pointy stick several times.

Try not to leave marks, people.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails