Wednesday 2 September 2009

Witch!

May we burn her?

Yeah, it's that clip again. I know I've linked to it before (and I see that I even managed to look up the official authorised clip for this post. Oh, and you may as well go on and read the post. I'll be continuing on the same subject, so it'll save me some reiteration if you read what's already there. Just remember to come back here afterward, ok?)

Everyone back? All right then. Oh, and today's pointless photo is not of a witch. It's of me walking a cat. Something your stereotypical witch may do, I suppose, but as far as I know that aforementioned cat isn't any sort of witch himself.

So, since you all went back and read the post I linked to you'll know that if I'm thinking witch I'm probably really thinking of my long hair and its designer grey streaks. I'm not going into all of that again except to say that it occurred to me this morning while I was putting my hair up that I actually like the grey in it. I mean really like. Maybe I've been watching too many makeover shows lately, but I've pretty much decided that if someone offered to give me a new style I'd tell them not to dye the hair. I think it's kind of cool the way the grey in front makes patterns depending on the way I pin it. Maybe I'm weird (ok, shut up. I know that I'm weird) but if it's my head I may just as well like it, right?

What I don't like at the moment is how long my hair is.

Out of sheer laziness and a couple of other things, I'm about a month late for my yearly haircut. That means that things are getting fairly out of hand, and that in turn means that the hair's been worn up an awful lot lately.

And I find myself playing with it again, as in trying to find new things to do with it. I go in stages with that, to be honest. Sometimes I'll be content to just put it up in clips for months at a time, and then all of a sudden I'm braiding, rolling, and bringing out alllll of the hair toys.

I have a few hair toys.

The hair toys usually mean that it's time to get rid of the hair.

If it wasn't so hot outside at the moment I'd probably do it today, but I think that it'll end up waiting until next week if it doesn't drive me completely nuts in the next few days.

I suppose that I should explain? I hate hot cars at the best of times, but my car happens to be pretty fussy in hot weather. If I can't find a place to park in the shade I spend most of my time worrying about whether the car will even want to start by the time I get back to it. Sad but true tale from the life of an OLF.

All of this would be slightly more interesting to you if I'd posted a pointless photo of myself rather than the cat, I guess. I'd hate to break the blog so cruelly, though.

Anyway, sooner or later the hair's coming off. I can never understand people who panic at the thought of chopping off their hair. It's hair. It grows back.

And boy, does mine ever grow back.

Designer grey.




It's cool.

There's just a bit too much of it at the moment...






I'm out of stuff now, ok?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails