Monday 26 July 2010

Hey look!! A bird!!


Okay, so that subject line up there is the equivalent of what comes out of my mouth when someone is talking to me and I think of something I've been meaning to tell them, so have to spit it out right away or it's gone yet again......and yep, another of the world's longest sentences. Thank you for noticing.

This photo was taken May 11th as she was going about her business of setting up house.

About the 16th of July the mulberry under which she built her home became a crime scene. Where's Grissom when you need him. (Oh look it up; I'm not like she who owns this place, all smart and willing to provide links) Anyyyyyway, from my livingroom vantage point, something on the ground looked out of place. Now remembering that this was before any intake of caffeine and with only glasses, not contacts, I ventured forth and found two "bodies". Not all was lost as something was clearly still in the nest making an awful racket - well I don't know if it was making a racket or a paddle truth be told.....

Anyway, the moral of the story is don't just throw out tinsel for pete's sake (men, geez); birds love it for their nests as evidenced by all the shiny branches in almost every tree near our house.

Oh and ironically the pink flower is cranesbill. In my world it's worth mentioning, yes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails