Tuesday 13 July 2010

She's Lump

This is all in the interest of fair play, you understand. I don't want the not-Toronto office to start complaining that Max gets talked about all the time on the blog but HER CAT is barely to be found. What can I say? Max is just one of those in-your-face cats (sometimes literally, when he wants his belly rubbed but I happen to be asleep). Penny? Not so much.

So. Penny, aka Lumpy (and you all may as well have the same earworm I get when calling the cat Lumpy. You're welcome), aka the dead cat in the bathroom doorway. Penny is Parisian. Hey, that's what we were told when we got her. He meant Persian (which she's not, in any cat show sense. She's just a long-haired cat), but Parisian sort of fits her. Penny likes to talk. And likes to eat. And likes to talk about eating. And likes to talk about how she would be eating if someone would only feed the poor starving cat (who generally has a good supply of dry food in her bowl at all times, I should mention).

Penny has this way of looking smug and self-satisfied like no cat I've ever met.

Penny likes to sit on my lap but not on my father's.

Penny is also left-handed. And how do I know this? Well, amongst other things, every time she's done using the litter box she has to scratch the wall (I'll take Obsessive Cat Habits for 800, Alex), and she almost always does it with her left front paw.

And now you know.

----------

Well, house-sitting time is almost at its end. I'll be heading back to my place this afternoon so that I can go into work tomorrow.

I wonder if they'll remember me...

Um, anyway. Things seem to have gone fine, as far as I can tell. No dead pets (not even the fish), and as long as the house doesn't wash downhill before the father figure gets back I think that everything's ok.

We've had a bit of rain, though, Dad. Over 35mm yesterday, according to Environment Canada, and possibly upwards of 50mm more today. I see they've ended the wind warning, though, so that bodes somewhat better for my drive down the highway.

Speaking of which, I should think about getting my stuff packed up and finding some lunch, so... oh, crap. Forgot about the laundry I have hanging in the spare bedroom. Ok, run the clothes through the dryer if they still need it and then pack up and get lunch, in some order.

It's been a slice, folks. Tomorrow's post may be extremely short or non-existent, depending on how much work I have piled up for me. I've been blathery enough in the past while to tide you over for a bit, though. Haven't I?

Later.

----------

Edited to add: I'm so disappointed in my two fans. Did no one notice that the header background I've been using for the past few days was snow? I mean, seriously. Snow. On the blog of a person who would be thrilled if winter ceased to exist. I thought it was funny, but you people are far too accepting...

It'll be changed. The background, I mean. I'm not sure what I can do about the attitude.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails