Tuesday 27 July 2010

Instead of two paws


"Instead of two paws, what?", you ask. Well tu-lips, of course. You see I have gobsmackingly good shots - or as gob-etc good as they get on a cellphone - of proof a bear was wandering up in the "back forty" but the whatsit I need to get those shots from cellphone to here won't connect properly for now. Oh you just know I'll beat it into submission but today you get flowers instead.

For added interest, last Fall when we moved here, we were watching soy grow; oh and gourds of all shapes and types and of course orchards and orchards of apples.

Right now all of the fields in the immediate area have - and I kid you not - ten to 12-foot high cornstalks. I'm guessing you've grasped the obvious, that it might be a tidge easier to spot a lumbering furry beast at 20 yards through a soy field than the previously described cornfield.

As the old joke goes, though, I only need to be fast enough to out-run one of the dogs.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails