Thursday 12 June 2008

hmWha?

It's not purple or yellow, ok? Geez.

----------

Ok, here's the deal. I'm really tired. I'm certainly not going to bother being coherent. And I think I deserve some kind of prize for doing twelve astronomy programs in one week.

Well, it will be twelve after tomorrow morning. After that I'm going to try really hard to not think about stars for a while.

The thing about planetarium programming is that it's more physical than you might think. Hauling the equipment. Setting up the equipment. Contorting yourself into weird positions so you can point out the stars without blocking anyone's view. Taking down the equipment. Catching your foot on the equipment and falling down in a heap while your coworker is unsure whether to laugh or get the first aid kit...

Um, yeah. Yesterday didn't work out so well. The toe's not broken, though. Just a pretty colour.

PURPLE.

I'd post a picture, but apparently there's too much purple on the blog...

Don't worry, the Toronto office knows I'm only snitting out of fun. Or at least she should know. If she doesn't, maybe I'll just work this up into a snit for real. I haven't had a good snit in a while.

Speaking of purple, it's amazing how many bruises one body can develop over the course of a few days. Little bruises, for the most part, and acting more like decoration than injury. I don't even know where half of them came from.

I guess maybe my job is getting a bit abusive.




My brain, on the other hand, is trying to fall asleep. Time to end the blather and get up from the desk for a minute or two. I don't really want to spend the night here, and that may just happen if the eyes start closing.

1 comment:

smudgers said...

But purple is my favourite colour! YOU know that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails