Saturday 7 June 2008

Pointless photos of the day:

Pretty, isn't it? It's a spider. On a piece of lath that's actually part of a trellis.

You probably got the spider part, but I thought I should explain the background.

I'm not sure what kind of spider this is. I usually have a bit of a guess, but I don't feel like poking around for clues today. It's Saturday, the music's playing, and I managed to catch up on some sleep last night (yay me) so for a change I don't feel like part of me (the brain part) is existing on a completely different planet. All of this means that I'm not going to go to the work of researching spiders today. It's a spider, and it's pretty. That's all we really need to know for the purposes of the blog.

Speaking of the purposes of the blog, it's sort of been lacking purpose at all lately, hasn't it? Sorry about that. I've had other things to do and a cold besides. I'd say I'll try to make up for it in the next while, but I'm afraid that next week isn't looking too good for that kind of promise. I'll be spending a fair amount of time out of the office in the days ahead, so blogging is likely to be pretty patchy.

Blogging from me, anyway. Blogging from the Toronto office can happen WHENEVER SHE WANTS IT TO (was that too subtle?), but as for Yours Blatheringly, I'll fit it in as I can.

No promises.

Ah well, to make up for the neglect, the photo department has decided to offer a pointless two-fer:

Pretty, isn't it? It's a poppy. An Iceland Poppy. I have somewhat of a thing for Iceland Poppies, weedy as they are. It's one of the first things I can remember my mother letting me plant, and I think it's great how they can be so colourful long before other things get going around here.

I wrote a rather sappy poem about them once. Let's see if I have it up on the other blog... Of course I do. One sappy poppy poem, coming up.

Well, I did warn you.

Gotta give me credit for the thought, at least.




Hey, this almost managed to turn into a post. Hurrah for me. I've got to go change laundry loads now, though, so I think I'll stop the blather right... here.

It's done, you know.



You can stop reading.







Really. Go away.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails