Saturday 9 January 2010

Pointless flower photo of the day:

I like lilies. I like the strong lines and the simple patterns. I like drawing lilies, too. Maybe I should draw a lily sometime today.

After all, I have new toys to play with since Christmas.

And yes, paper does count as a toy.

If you're me.

I have those new bamboo brushes as well that I really should something with besides practicing washes on scrap paper.

Maybe I should paint a lily.







Nah. I like lilies and I'm a crap painter, so maybe I'll just show my like of lilies by not assaulting them in watercolour.

What I should do is... have lunch, really. I've been doing the laundry as is usual for me on a Saturday morning, but what's not usual is having so much laundry to do. Over two weeks' worth of my own stuff, a bit of my father's, and a whole WHOPPING load of towels. I'm not sure of the why on the towels. They're mostly his, not mine.

I guess it's been a good week for the usage of towels.

Anyway. More laundry means I've been busy with other things and have neglected the blather until now. Now, though, I'm starting to get hungry. That plus day three of the mystery headache makes me not exactly blatherific (as you've no doubt noticed) and even more pointless than normal to read.

And that's pretty darned pointless, boys and girls.

As to the headache, it's not as bad as it was a couple of days ago. Still not gone, however, and it's a little puzzling at this point. Often when a headache lasts this long it has something to do with my wonky neck, but this isn't feeling like a neck-headache.

That's a good thing, by the way. Neck-headache generally means that I'll wake up the next day not able to turn in one direction, and that's about as pleasant as you'd imagine it is. Great thing for my mother to have left me, don't you think? Some people get money, some people get family heirlooms, and I get my mother's screwed-up neck.

Unfortunately, not the kind of thing you can take back and exchange.






Um, anyway. Again. This seems to be heading into the beautiful suburb of Whinge awfully quickly, and since I've spent altogether too much time there lately I think we should hit the highway and bypass it for a change. I'm off to find some lunch now. After that, maybe a lily.

Not for lunch, of course. Although some of them are supposed to be good eating...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails