Sunday 17 January 2010

Snork

Well, much as I predicted... there seems to be a cold coming on. Yippee. Be prepared for a heckuva lot of bitchery in the blog's near future.

----------

You'll notice from the pointless photo that I did manage to get outside and take a few new shots yesterday. They won't be terribly exciting for two reasons, though (I mean besides the fact that the photographer herself isn't feeling terribly exciting). Reason number one would be that it's still winter, and I think at this point we all know how I feel about winter. Reason number two would be that I forgot my camera in my briefcase, which is at home (at least I hope that the camera is in the briefcase which is at home), so I borrowed my father's camera to take yard shots as well as a photo of yesterday's Illustration Friday doodle.

Um, see the other blog for that. If you're desperate to. And since I seem to be in the mood to reference the other blog continually, after I post this I'll muddle around with the sidebar to make the other blog a bit easier to find.

Anyway. Yesterday's photos. Borrowed camera.

My father's camera is a decent one, but it's getting a bit older and doesn't have as many fiddly little features as I'm currently used to... well, fiddling with. Or maybe it does and I've just forgotten how to use them. That's possible.

I used to use my father's camera quite regularly for taking blog photos before I got my own, but it's been a few years now. Things work juuust differently enough with his compared to mine that it took a little thought to figure out what I wanted it to do. Or it would have if I'd been at all concerned with what I wanted to do. To be honest, yesterday I probably could have made do with a disposable point-and-shoot for the amount of effort I put into picture-taking.

Assuming that I could have figured out a way to upload photos from a disposable camera without having the film processed, naturally. Somehow I'm not sure it would have worked too well.

I'm just rambling here at the moment, you know. But then I'm sure you figured that out.





As a matter of fact, I think I'm mostly out of ramble at this point. Maybe I'd best call it a blather and stop typing.

Yep, sounds good to me.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

We have had just about all the days of below freezing we can stand. No one here is prepared or equipped for a Canadian winter. I have now lost all my tropicals like ginger and such. Oh, some may come back. But it looks like a frost burnt mess.

Related Posts with Thumbnails