Saturday 17 April 2010

As if you needed further proof that I got nothin'

Two days in a row, yet. Well I guess we could just sit here, staring at each other. It loses something like this, though, doesn't it. For example, you can't tell if I'm sticking my tongue out at you or if I'm making odd faces to make you laugh .... and stop that. This is my normal face.


I could let you in on a little well-used phrase around the new homestead. Please do keep in mind that on occasion I've been fairly good at understatement.


The Friday before we moved into the house, we visited the folks we purchased from. Actually they were kindly giving us a few sets of keys rather than have all those lawyers and real estate people mess up moving day which was to be the following Monday. Nothing worse than doing things "properly", after all.


Anyyyyyyway, it was about 120 degrees in the shade that day, it being the 27th of August, and Mrs' comment as we stepped out on to the pool deck was: "that's one of the great things I'll miss .... you'll find there's always a breeze". To be clear, her understatement of "breeze" equals mine of saying I get a bit "cranky" if I'm around the human race with any regularity.
I have a feeling I should have used "constancy" there so she who owns the place won't burst her aorta trying to not make a joke there.


Breeze. Different things to different people, I've come to learn. Breeze here means we could erect wind turbines and keep everyone down the road happy for the year with nary a hydro bill in sight. Breeze here means a newspaper doesn't get set down on the table outside, while you go to the kitchen to refill your morning hit of caffeine. I'm not sure I'd leave a small child untethered out there. Maybe a small child ON the newspaper with a bungee cord involved somehow....


Well you get the drift. And so do we, for - say it with me - there is always a breeze.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails