Friday 20 August 2010

I'M BUSY

I am, actually. I also accidentally bit the inside of my lip last night, and now it's all swollen and my tongue won't leave it alone.

Pretty annoying habit there, tongue.

Anyway, I am busy so I think we'll just have a quick natural history moment today and leave it at that. Today's pointless photo features a mosquito nectaring. Probably a male mosquito since it didn't seem to find me especially appealing, but both sexes visit flowers so I guess it could be a female as well.

Mosquitoes are important pollinators. They also serve as food for a large variety of invertebrate predators blah di blah di blah...

Look, I'm very willing to admit that mosquitoes are an important part of the environment and all, but does there have to be SO DAMNED MANY OF THEM this year?




Um, yeah. Done now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails