Tuesday 17 August 2010

Oh no, it's another toilet paper post

But not a toilet paper photo. Aren't you glad that the photos here are pointless?

Anyway. This'll probably be brief because... well, just because. Do we really need a reason at this stage?

One of the things that bugs me about toilet paper is how absurdly passionate some people can be about the whole over or under thing. You know, whether the paper should unroll from the top or the bottom. Some people are really, really inanely concerned with it. One company had an internet poll to "finally decide" which was the right way (and no, I'm not linking to it. They don't need free advertising). There are millions of google hits for "toilet paper over or under". One person on a forum I belonged to went so far as to say that if she goes to someone's house and they hang their paper the "wrong" way, she changes it. And to all this I have to say:

WHO THE HELL CARES?

Who cares which way the toilet paper is hanging, as long as the toilet paper is there?

Oh, and to the guest-toilet-paper-rearranger: if you did that at my house you probably wouldn't be invited back again just because I'd think you were completely insane.

Hey, I have many things that I'm more than a little OCD about. There are things in my life that have to be just-so that might have you scratching your head. But toilet paper? Really? People spend that much time worrying about the orientation of their toilet paper?

That's just weird.

For the record, I do have a preferred way to hang the tp. But it's just a habit. My heart rate doesn't go up if I accidentally put the roll on the other way. And when I'm at my father's place? Well, I honestly don't know what he prefers in the way of paper direction, so when I replace a roll I put it on in whatever way it happens to be in my hand.

Yes, I do.

Some of my two fans are likely wondering how someone could do that in good conscience, but you know what? IT'S TOILET PAPER. It's not like someone hasn't been rotating their towels or something...






What? If you keep using the same towels over and over again, some of your towels will wear out faster than others. It only makes sense.

As opposed to worrying about your toilet paper unfurling, which doesn't.

And with that, I'll happily leave you to your own toilet paper debate, because I'm outta here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails