Monday 2 August 2010

Pointless thought of the day:

Ever notice that your whole day can change just by putting on the damp bra that you had to take off to wash because you forgot to bring a spare with you?

Ok, maybe that's just me.

And incidentally, in case anyone wondered -- I do indeed have nipples. Oh yes I do.

TMI? Ah, I'm sure we'll all survive that revelation.

----------

I'm beginning to think that maybe this blog is a little bipolar. No, not the blogger (as far as I know, at least); the blog. I was just looking through the archives for something and happened to hit upon one of my more extensively blathery periods. It was a bit weird to read through, actually. I was obviously in the middle of some philosophy book or other (I have my philosophy book moments, yes) and apparently thought that everyone needed to know all of my thoughts on thinking.

Oh, Talking Heads on the internet radio. Give me a moment while we burn down the house, ok?

All right then. Where were we? Um... changing laundry loads, I guess. Be right back.





Ok. One massive distraction later, I need to read back to see where I was going with this. Hmm. Bipolar blog, eh? All right then. The shorter version of where I was headed was that sometimes this place is almost manic in its wordiness (and, um, weird turns of phrase. Do I really write that stuff?) and sometimes it's nearly depressed in its I've-got-nothingness. There are all sorts of reasons for that, of course. Often it's just a factor of time since I don't have a computer and am dependent on a few minutes stolen from work or a morning here at my father's place in between clothes-washing for my blog time. It doesn't always give a person the optimal opportunity to compose a thought, you know?

There's more to it than that, of course. There's the fact that I've been blogging for a pretty long time now -- it's hard to get a proper sense of just how long since I deleted several years' worth of posts from the other blog when I decided to use it for artier things instead -- and inevitably a long-running blather becomes circular. I mean, I know that my two fans don't often read back to see just how circular, but even at that I don't want to spend all of my time repeating myself. As a result, I'll occasionally start in on a topic with gusto, get a few paragraphs in, realise I've probably already said all of this before, and end up with nothing but a pointless photo to show for my time.

Also, (and this is something that I truly do have to fight), there's the whole thing with clamming up. If there's something on my mind, especially if it's something really personal, I find myself not wanting to blog in case it all comes out in a completely inappropriate manner. This isn't meant to be a diary, and it's definitely not meant to be a psychotherapist. It's just pointless observations from an occasionally slightly odd person, that's all. And if something's bothering me, I don't really want my bother-coloured observations out there for everyone to see.

Yes, I know that several people have made careers out of doing just that. I think I'd get tired of maintaining a constant level of being insulted/indignant/angry, though. And I'd hope that you'd get tired of me if I tried to do it.

So where does that leave us? Oh, not with any kind of revelation. I'd be surprised if that was the case with a trivial blog like this one anyway. I guess what I'm saying is bear with me. I'm human, and I go through things. Sometimes I'm weird, sometimes I'm wordy, sometimes I'm blank, sometimes I'm knowledgeable, and occasionally I might even be a little bit entertaining. And if I happen to be going through a period where I'm not in the slightest? Well, it'll probably come back again at some point. Everything does.



And in the mean time, there's always the archives on the sidebar over there. ---------->
There are a lot of words to be found in the archives. Possibly even some worth reading...






Or not. It's just a blog, after all.

I like it that way.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails