Sunday 22 April 2007

Chapter 101:Wherein Dee takes issue

According to the Toronto office there is a geekiness factor in taking macros. Nuh-uh. Erm, that is to say that I heartily disagree. It's been my experience that taking macros is pointless, not geeky. There is a difference, you know.

Pointlessness is the art of wasting internet space by posting photos and thoughts (or lack of same) that do little more than cause the casual reader to go what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks? and scratch his or her head. Geekiness, on the other hand, is the art of biting the heads off of live chickens.

And frankly, I don't see what that has to do with photography at all.

----------

So, this is the part where I go off on some weird tangent because of course I've had stuff saved up for an entire DAY that I desperately need to get off my chest.

You'd think that, anyway.

Lately it's been more the case that this is the part where I start whining about having almost nothing to say. Yes, I admit that my contributions to the blog have been less than fascinating recently. I'd give you an excuse or several but then it just turns into more whining and you find yourself wondering why on earth she bothers to even have a blog if all she ever does is whine about not having anything to say on it.

It's ok, though. I annoy myself too.

Frequently.






All right, I'll tell you what. Let's spin the Wheel of Blame and pick just one excuse for not being readable. One whinge a post certainly shouldn't be too much to put up with. Here we go...

...

...

...

...

And the winner is...

Weather.



Hmmm. Somewhat predictable, that. But I guess I can't argue with the wheel.

So, the weather. It's April, right? Just thought I'd check, because it's been hard to tell for sure in amongst the FIFTEEN METRES OF SNOW WE'VE HAD IN THE PAST month.

Fiiine, so it's been more like thirty centimetres. But still. It's APRIL, fergodssake. We expect a bit of snow here and there in April, but not EVERY FREAKING DAY FOR WEEKS.

Or days.

Something like that. It gets hard to remember after a while.

Now, to top it off it's supposed to be well into the double digits in a day or two. What this will mean is that the trees will all go into a panic because their usual schedule has been so disrupted and they'll just pump out the pollen.

I foresee evil in the wind, boys and girls.

But... that takes me to a whole separate whinge, and the wheel says I'm not allowed to do that today. I'd better go get set up for the afternoon's excitement, then. Enjoy the pointless photograph. I know it's not as purty as the one below it, but it was the only me too I had easily at hand.

Maybe spring will come one day and I'll get to take photos of actual growing things again.

*leaves dramatically with hand across forehead*





Ok, maybe not. But I liked the visual.

1 comment:

smudgers said...

Geez, woman, with all those labels under that perfectly lovely photo representation of your part of the world you've sure got it all covered.


Careful. It's to be a pointless exercise you know.

Related Posts with Thumbnails