Tuesday 24 April 2007

You know what?

The poplar pollen count is HIGH.

Didn't even need to look that one up.

Yes, I am that talented.

----------

The pointless photo is, of course, not of poplar pollen. I'm not that talented.

----------

I've just backspaced out all of today's rant. I decided (somewhat belatedly. It would have made more sense to decide this before I'd already typed a bunch of words, but that's how it goes when the poplar pollen count is high) that I wasn't in the mood to be pseudomad about something that really isn't worth the effort.

See? Every once in a while I stop being a five-year-old for a few minutes.

However, this does leave me with a big blank space where today's topic was supposed to be.

So...





Hmmm. We could talk freaks, I guess. The freaks are in rare form because of a bunch of photos and a short snippet of video of a couple of people (ok, famous people) wearing t-shirts. It made the freaks very happy, which made me very happy since it's hilarious.

That reminds me. Wine gums at the ready, t.v. club? Oh, and is anyone watching Raines besides me? I've finally had a chance to look at last week's recording (talk about yer time-shifting viewer), and while it didn't do as much for me as previous episodes there's still a lot there to like. Erm, anyway...

Oh, hey. Changed my mind mid-topic. Let's leave the freaks for a moment (they're too busy staring at the pictures to notice anyway) and talk about t-shirts. Does anyone else find it odd/funny that custom tees have come back in such a big way? I'll admit to being old enough to remember the first flowering of that particular... art(?), and I haven't figured out yet whether the current enthusiasm has more to do with fake nostalgia, the ease of computer-driven design, or the ability to set up a website and make money from people all over the world who would never have heard of you back in the day of the small-town custom press shop.

It's interesting, though, and I have to say that I've enjoyed looking at some of what's out there in the interweb apparel department.

Looking, mind. I'm far too cheap to go so far as to actually order any of that stuff.

It's too bad, though, because some of the designers are very clever. I suppose you'd have to be to find yourself a place in such a roaring market, but there you go.

I'd love to find myself a position as a snarky t-shirt designer. Or maybe I should just start selling tees on the blog... Oh, wait. That would imply having ambition, and would also make the blog less than pointless. That's so completely not allowed.

What if I take the more magnanimous route and suggest that if you've ever seen anything here that you find tee-worthy, then be my guest to go out and have a t-shirt made. My treat. That is, no charge for the idea.

It'd mean I'd have to make an attempt to be quotable, but then weirder things have been put on t-shirts than some of the nonsense you find here.

So, yeah. Go ahead. Make me wearable. Maybe we could start something here. After all, everyone likes an in-joke.





All right, so it's me that likes an in-joke. But if enough people start wearing an in-joke then... well, it's still an in-joke. But it's a cool one. So come on, people. For the first time in my life make me cool.

Am I the only one sniggering at the mere thought of this? Probably.

But hey, what would it hurt to add another pointless t-shirt or two to the world?








Just make sure you send me a picture of it or something. I've got to entertain myself somehow, after all.

2 comments:

Sparroweye said...

This one is for you Deeol.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=15159959&uid=530651&members=1

I think I might actually have a hollyhock bloom this year. It looks like buds. If it does, it will be a first for me.

Sparroweye said...

Or, just click on my photo as I put the t-shirt quote on my blog too.
I forgot about that blog. Gad, too many blogs. I just took that waterlily photo today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails