Tuesday 5 June 2007

Eyes and root beer

And some Pin Cherry blossoms (search that one yourself. Too lazy to link today) because I didn't have pointless photos of eyes or root beer handy.

----------

The root beer portion of this post will be brief. Probably the other portion of this post will be brief as well, but I only have the one thing to say about root beer at the moment so I know I can keep this brief. I have a root beer question, actually.

Why is it that root beer always tastes better out of a chilled mug?

I'll admit that the question comes up because of a quick lunch the other day at a certain fast food restaurant that I'm sure everyone's figured out without my stating the name. I'll admit that, yes, but before anyone goes on to say that it's something to do with the way that particular chain carbonates their drinks or something along that line, I'd like you to try it at home.

Go on.

Buy some bottled root beer.

Drink some.

Then try it out of a chilled mug. That's right, put any old mug in the fridge, let it cool, then have some root beer out of it.

THE ROOT BEER WILL TASTE BETTER.





That actually annoys me a little, you know.

----------

You know what else annoys me? My eyes.

I've mentioned it before (well, on the old blog), but I have a bit of a thing for nice eyes. That and nice suits, but we're not going to talk about tailoring today. Anyway, I'm definitely an eye person.

That's why it's annoying that my own eyes are so... nondescript. I mean, my eyes can't even decide what colour they are. Sort of a bluish-green, I guess. Swampwater green. Or blue.

They're listed as green on my driver's licence, but that's just because that's how they looked in the registry's lighting. Seriously. When it came time to get my first licence, we couldn't decide what colour my eyes were so we polled everyone in the office. The consensus was green, so I'm officially green.

On another day it could have been blue, though.

Stupid eyes.

Lately I've been pretending my eyes are green. In other words, the last time I bought eye shadow I bought colours that emphasise green. It was just the mood I was in at the time, really. Next time maybe I'll be emphasising blue eyes. May as well, if my eyes don't know what colour they are to begin with.

The problem is that the colours that bring out green (greenness? The state of being green? Ah, but it's not that easy being green) also tend to bring out any bit of redness that's there as well.

It's true. Check your color wheel. Red and green are complementary.

Do I need to mutter something about sleeplessness and red eyes here?

Can't win for trying, it seems.





Ah well, whatever. I need to go have lunch now so that I can go out and annoy some people this afternoon.

Maybe I'll do it just by staring.

A person with annoying eyes should get some use out of them, after all.

1 comment:

smudgers said...

At least you're not ... orange.


I just adore inside jokes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails