Wednesday 20 June 2007

I have no idea what this post is going to be about

I can tell you, however, that my hair is driving me nuts.

That's not terribly unusual. My hair generally drives me nuts.

Today the hair is driving me nuts because it's too clean. Clean is usually a good thing for my hair since fine hair doesn't do dirty very well, but today... gah.

The problem is that I should never shower in the morning.

For reasons that I refuse to go into on the blog because they may have you believing for a moment or two that I actually have a life, I didn't manage to have my usual evening shower last night. It was getting late, so I just washed my face and hit the bed instead of taking care of the day's grime.

I really hate going to bed dirty, though. I know that it's only because it's something I'm not used to, but going to bed without showering first just feels so, so, SO wrong. When you wake up the next morning with greasy hair and Eau du Pond Study, do you really have a chance of feeling halfway decent about the day that you're just getting started with? I don't think it's possible.

So anyway, I got out of bed a little earlier than normal and hopped into the shower in the morning instead. Oh, and before I go any further with this, I'd just like to say that knowing I had to be out of bed early enough to shower was not conducive to a good night's rest. You know how it is with Christmas morning when you're a kid? That feeling of is it time to get up yet that makes you wake up every half hour starting at about three in the morning? Yeah, well, translate that to I need to be up early enough to shower and you'll know for a fact that my brain spent most of the night playing Stupid Clock Tricks.

Bleah.

What this has all led to (besides crankiness) is hair that hasn't had its... erm... beauty sleep(?) and is thus misbehaving like you can't imagine. I'm sure it's wonderful to the touch and would be great if I were being petted like a cat (I'm not sure being petted at work is the best idea, however), but it's also a floaty mess that makes me look a bit too much like I'm auditioning for Wicked Witch of the West.

I bet you didn't know that witches have overly clean hair.

Sorry. Had to answer the phone. You know, it's hard to tell someone what the name of a tool on display is when you can't actually see the display. Just saying.

I've completely missed whatever train of thought it was that I was pretending to be on now. Maybe I (and my hair) will use the excuse to call it a day, then. Or at least a post.

Hitting publish... now.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

What has happened. It's turned into a talky blog. hee hee. I have been sidelined with a torn rotator cuff and MRI's and pain meds. And just was so not in to posting. I do not do whine very well. I never could understand people who take a morning shower. Getting in to bed dirty is just wrong. And yes, I hate getting to sleep knowing I have to jump right out of bed. Ow.... Ow..... Bye.

Related Posts with Thumbnails