Saturday 23 June 2007

So I'm the blather-filler-inner then


I mean if you can believe an OLF, I'm supposed to be here doing this.

And yes folks, I bring to you the " If a tree falls in a forest...." query. Clearly you can see one did, albeit on the outside periphery of said treed area. I wonder if the other trees will miss it or if there were comments muttered about not much liking that one anyway ... oh wait. Only people are that petty.

Why, yes, I do prefer animals and pretty natural elements to most of the human race in the microcosm that is mine. And my microcosm is the one that counts obviously.

We had a wee bit of a storm the other night as you can see, with winds up to about 90 klicks ( those are metric "clicks" ) The black dog saw this as a challenge, to be climbed upon and investigated; the brown dog saw it as an inconvenience and an oddity that simply must be barked at, I'm presuming with the instinct that barking would make it go away.

Anyway, city workers being city workers, the tree is now chain-sawed and lying on the ground, off to the side of its main trunk. Any bets on how long it will take the city to actually move the thing? Nah, I wouldn't bet on it either.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

Wow, glad it did not hit anything.
I love rain but not violent storms.
We are in our hurricane season now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails